PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream to announce new jet Oct 14 2014
Old 19th Oct 2014, 00:10
galaxy flyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Astra,

So, a type certification from 1967 was the basis for trying to make a common type for the G650? Wonderful, the G550 was engineered when the Beatles was the leading edge of music. I would hope it's the best of any Gulfstream, they still didn't make it modern.

See this!

My current type is G650 - yes, I'm off the Global, but you cannot be serious about a Global being a step behind a Gulfstream. The G650 has good range, speed and cabin (when the cabin works...) but it is LIGHT YEARS behind when it comes to systems - I'll spell it out for you below...
BD700 - from the early 2000's
G650 - from 2012.

G650 - dark cockpit - you're kidding right?

G650 - Break Power Transfer - WTF? What on earth is this? Cannot transfer from Ext AC power to APU Gen without a Break Power Transfer which can break computers and make your life a misery! Give me a break.

G650 - no RAT autodeploy, must turn off RAT gen first, then deploy RAT, then wait 30 secs and then select RAT gen which will result in a Break Power Transfer - AND no autopilot on the RAT - for goodness sake!

G650 - no autostart - wait, what? On a newer engine varient? Why?

G650 - manual ground spoilers - seriously, I have to power up first, then turn the ground spoilers on, otherwise they'll pop up and scare the pax... Rubbish.

G650 - the most antiquated cabin pressurisation system I have EVER had the displeasure to use.

The G650 takes at least 20 mins longer to prepare for flight than the BD700 - I can go on, but don't have time right now. The old Global is miles ahead of the G650...

Bring it on!
GF