PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow AW189
Thread: Bristow AW189
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 17:06
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Now let me see.

The basics of the MRT std load thing is that the contract requires that the aircraft has the capability to deploy or recover a party of 6 of us, in the air or on the ground, at 4000' in certain conditions.

At this point, one of two scenarios is normally in place.
- The cas/misper has not yet been accessed: and no role eqpt is yet req'd from storage
- The cas/misper has already been evacuated: and the role eqpt has already been stored or unloaded at the HLS

(The second scenario is less likely since we have probably been left to walk home.)

In the unusual scenario of 6 MRT onboard and the storage area needs accessed then one or both rear crew are clearly not in seats and the access problem is reduced or eliminated. I have been asked to move around in the cabin of a Sea King many times and I expect it to be no different in an AW189.

Occasionally, there will be cas/misper and MRT in the cabin and packed in any way they will fit because it would not be sensible to leave people on the hill in bad conditions. That's why there has been a reference to passengers not secured in seat, why the Bristow website refers to up to 16 persons, and why I described such occasions above. On most of those occasions, patient condition will normally be hypothermia treated by squeezing them in with hot sweaty smelly MRT with the cabin heater on. On the rare occasions when more sophisticated medical care is necessary, people will use their initiative (which normally includes chucking MRT out at the earliest opportunity).