PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR Bristow Holland to go?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 12:34
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a company operating helicopters which are non-compliant with a tender process win a contract on the basis of price (and/or politics ) and everyone thinks this is ok? If that's the case, why not just say in the tender document that companies tendering may also bid on a price basis with non-compliant helicopters until it's decided whether they want a proper fit-for-purpose, modern SAR service or a 20th century one? It strikes me that there have been some under-the-carpet dealings going on here to make sure that the odds were loaded against other bidders. I have no problem with NHV winning it as I have many friends working for that company, but at least it should be seen to have won it through a transparent process.

Compare this with the UK SAR using state-of-the art SAR aircraft and one wonders why the Netherlands, a country at the forefront of adopting modern technology would want to go for an inferior service (and note, I did not say from an inferior company - I have nothing at all against NHV and I think they've done well to grow as fast as they have in recent years, especially in their bids against bloated corporations like Bristow and CHC in West Africa ).