PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 06:21
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a comment here about me being a bush spotter I think I am going to re-enforce those views with the following post.

As you know, but for the benefit of others, post 76 on page 4 of this thread contains the photo in question. Looking at my collection of photos and aerial views I would hazard a guess that the photo was taken to the side of Percivals complex by Eaton Green Road as hedgerows were in short supply around the airport even in 1946. In fact the second and third photo in post 24 on page 2 were taken just after the war and shows a nice hedgerow by Percivals. I can't find any other hedgerows that could have been used as a backdrop in the photo in post 76 as everywhere else just had scrub land on the airport border and no hedgerows.

The photo shown here is Eaton Green Road taken in the early 70's with the airport boundary to the right and Wigmore Hall Farm in the distance. This was taken just past what was once Percivals and is the remains of that hedgerow seen in the photos in post 24.

Last edited by LTNman; 18th Oct 2014 at 06:53.