PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand Pilot Salary?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 02:24
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ad-astra
FFS,

The kid asked a simple enough question and he is getting a lecture on the meaning of life.

What on earth is the problem with answering the question if you have the info and moving on if you don't.
Yes, he did.

He/she did come back and say he/she was doing an engineering assignment on airlines and money in the industry. Also in his/her first post he/she also said other salaries would be useful.

The fact he's/she's come to PPRUNE indicates the likely hood that this person has little in the way of aviation background to draw any information from. That also tells me they may (note I say may) not have a good understanding of how a pilot's career progresses.

Some people seem to think the only commercial pilots are those that fly the heavy iron. I gave up counting the number of times I had been asked as an instructor/charter pilot if I had ever flown commercially (read heavy iron airline pilot) or intended to fly commercially. FFS? I used to try and educate the enquirer as to what a commercial pilot was in the end I bit my tongue and smiled nicely.

I don't know what level of understanding "They Call Me Sam" has, however it's not helping his/her assignment if he/she goes way thinking a brand spanking new pilot starts as an FO on the 777 on $142,000, when the reality is very different from this.

I think some on here have tried to paint a realistic picture of the Airlines and the money in the industry.