PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logten pro X
Thread: Logten pro X
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2014, 01:37
Tex7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Boycott Logten X

I agree with The Iceman that we are going to get stuck with a version that won't work anymore. This happened to me with their first version of LogTen where you bought for each device. I splashed out and bought for all my devices. Then when they upgraded to LogTen Pro 6 I refused to pay for something that I already had and was working fine. Then one day I tried to print a summary and it just wouldn't work. I urgently needed the summary for a licence renewal so I sent them a message begging for help. They told me that the only way I could access my logbook was to upgrade. I reluctantly did it as my hands were tied. Now you folk that decide not to upgrade to LogTen X will be caught in the same situation. I refuse to caught by the same trick twice, so I'm going to use this as a 'heads up' and start looking for a new programme. And start transferring my hours while I can still access them. If everyone sticks together and boycotts this new version they might get the message that we see this as extortion. I wouldn't have minded paying a once off for the upgrade with a discount to those who owned version 6 but I refuse to feed their greed every month.
Anyone know of another good logbook programme out there?