PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow AW189
Thread: Bristow AW189
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 20:14
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Vie sans frontieres
If you weren't suggesting that floor belts were being proposed, then you can only have meant that passengers should be routinely insecure in the back of the aircraft. Who in their right mind would advocate that? Only someone without a clue about helicopters.
Yes, I understand that you, Crab and others are against this idea and we have all read that several times but I also understand that nobody has proposed it.

Originally Posted by Vie sans frontieres
Glossy brochures and websites naturally put the best possible spin on an aircraft's performance and characteristics. Reality often turns out to be considerably different. Simply regurgitating that website information does not put you 'in the know'. In fact, it gives the opposite impression. Likewise, quoting extreme examples of aircraft and crews exploring the envelope to get the job done in extremis is not a good way of winning an argument about day to day capability.
OK Vie, I think I am getting the picture. I should not be fooled by anything learned about SAR helicopters from direct experience or anyone in the SAR community or the helicopter industry in the UK or elsewhere and just come straight to you. That makes perfect sense.