PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 16:36
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 204 Likes on 72 Posts
Leaving aside all the hysterics I regularly sit next to lovely FO's who are good pilots, nice people and well aware of their inexperience (and bring it up in their briefing). They have spent about £100k getting to sit next to me. They are early twenties and they earn after two years a salary of £45k whilst owe the bank lets say the full £100k.

Their pay is £2,500 a month. Their loan repayment is £800 month. Their rent is £450 a month because they share with another.

This is a lot better than year two of my professional flying career. I was just stopping teaching PPL's on Tomahawks for £8hr and just starting to teach CPL/IR's on Seneca III's for £24,000. Luckily I then bypassed the four years in a turboprop job and went straight to jets in a national airline.

When you sum it up they have things better now than I ever did or my generation who didn't get a BA Cadetship.

This is why there is a queue around the block to sign up to this scheme. Moan, bemoan, despair all you like but its the new normal and its no worse than the old normal. Just different.