PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £110k+ EZY MPL scheme
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 06:58
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's interesting to note that in the States, where they have now brought in the 1500 hours requirement for commercial ops, that a lot of young people are turning their backs on the industry as they don't fancy the prospect of a massive financial outlay for little return...
And lo and behold now, a few airlines are offering signing bonuses to try and get people in, because those who are qualified are turning down the offer of a crap, low paid lifestyle.

Let's see if I can do this bit without drivelling again... It's not so much the money (having enough of it to pay) that grates me, or makes me jealous, but how people are so willing to pay through the nose, to be a slave for an airline and play into the hands of airlines and the training providers (who work hand in hand) who then knack the T&Cs across the board as they wish because there is always a ready supply of the next bunch of idiots wanting to sell their souls and rubbish the system even more.

None of these wide-eyed kids see any of this, as their exposure to it all is only watching pilots in their uniforms at the airport when they go on their holidays, drooling over the advertising pictures of an airliner flightdeck with an alluring view in the various pilot magazines, reading crap on this website (other websites are available) and FALLING FOR THE GLOSSY BS ADVERTISING of the likes of CTC/OAT etc. Get down your local flying club, talk to proper pilots (there will be a few current/ex-airlines, not just flying for fun PPLers) who fly for a living who aren't trying to sell you something, and hopefully you'll rethink it all and get a better idea what is involved. Don't get indoctrinated and think the only way to become a pilot is to part with vast sums of cash.