PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 01:00
The Bungeyed Bandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soldier of gear lube.

Please spare me.

"Our Head of Maintenance Operations, Tony Lowery, has advised me that he has accepted a new role in North America and will be moving on from Qantas over the coming months. While it was a difficult decision for him to make, Tony has been offered a fantastic opportunity to join JetBlue as their Vice President of Technical Operations.

This is very sad news for us and an enormous loss for Qantas. Since joining QE three years ago, Tony has been instrumental in turning around the performance of our business. Tony has lead the effort to take Base Maintenance from three bases to a single, more competitive base, supported by a great team of people who are constantly challenging themselves to find new and innovative ways of working. The performance of Line Maintenance is consistently improving through the implementation of an operating model that matches demand and allows us to offer more flying time to the airline and our customers. All crucial things when we are trying to return the airline to profitability.

While these have been difficult changes to make, and have impacted many people, what has always impressed me is Tony’s absolute care and commitment to his people. Whether it’s chartering a plane to give the Tulla guys a chance to see Brisbane Base Maintenance, the hundreds of recognition letters he writes, his constant communications and roadshows for his people, or the development of his leadership team, it all comes down to the fact that Tony puts our people first. This will be the legacy he leaves behind, and something I’m sure his new company will benefit from greatly.

On a more personal note I have come to know Tony over the past three years as an incredibly genuine, kind and loyal person. It has been an absolute pleasure working with someone of his calibre, please join me in wishing Tony all the very best in his new endeavours.

We will communicate further around a replacement for Tony over the coming weeks.

Stay safe,
Chris"

Hope all you folks are happy!!!

Last edited by The Bungeyed Bandit; 17th Oct 2014 at 01:27.