PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to get F16s!
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2014, 00:14
O-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree. All of the things you mentioned demonstrate the utmost professionalism within the Armed Forces, and above all else they generate interest for the Services. Young children want to be fighter pilots, soldiers or the Captain of a warship. They also keep the Services in the thoughts of the general public.

Seeing RAFAT perform at an air show, the Guardsman outside significant buildings or a band playing at a homecoming parade makes the public tick and it brings communities together who otherwise wouldn't entertain each other.

Here is your problem, you have never served.

I didn't join because of the Reds, a bloke twanging away on a steel triangle or a band tooting away as a ship comes home.

If a young kid, like I was, wants to be a Pilot, then blokes spraying cherry smoke in the sky shouldn't make him join. He already has that desire.

If you ask any Sqn Cdr, Platoon Cdr or Captain what he wanted on his return from his deployment the answer would be "Job Done, and all bodies safe with their loved ones"

Money should be spent on the pointy end, not prancing about in bright red camo jackets and a big hairy hats... When was the last time we took horses into combat?

If you join, your opinion may change when your F35 is grounded, through whatever, but the Reds still make the public clap.

Idiot