PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you risk money going "Professional" CPL/ME/IR/JOC with a Restricted Medical....
Old 16th Oct 2014, 19:19
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a chat with someone in a prominent position today at an FTO.

The advice was:

* Yes - You can be issued with a CPL/IR/ME as you have a Class 1 Medical. The issue is not with being able to get a CPL/IR/ME but with the pure "OML" side of things.

* You cannot instruct from ab initio for PPL unless the trainee has completed their first solo navigation flight after which they can handle the controls as PIC. In which case the student will pretty much be at the end of their course anyway.

* That would only leave Glider Towing/Aerial Work which is equally hard to find. Alternatively he mentioned the most easiest route would be in a Multi Crew environment for a foreign carrier such as in Indonesia, South Asia etc to obtain the flight experience required for operators.

* Foreign operators may have different Medical requirements compared to EASA.

Would it be somewhat easier with a foreign operator?

I am a dual national of a South Asian Country.. Probably not the safest but there must be some turboprops kicking about

* You can however instruct on your Class 2 Medical and PPL only for an those candidates taking an the LAPL course.

Unless you remove the OML it will be even more of a challenge - depending on how strong willed one is!

Effectively a 40k-50k gamble.

I also put a call into CTC today who mentioned they had an applicant for the MPL before and it went over to the Selection Team so he would come back to me with a definitive answer.