PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ice Pilots...new series started.
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2014, 11:02
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, we do have health and safety in Canada, run by for the most part total twits who didnt make it in the real world: for instance, "A worker must tie on before climbing onto a roof," question, how in hell can he tie on unless some one else goes up first to secure the anchor to hook on to? A local aircraft restorer needed to look inside a vintage aircraft at a museum in Ottawa to examine a fitting which is common to an aircraft he is restoring, problem, its elevated so he needs a climbing course, also it has radio active instruments so its way too dangerous to even look inside the cockpit!{US border security take readings from these very same instruments any time we cross the border, their radiation level is in fact less than my wrist watch!} As for de- iceing at remote airports, it is done with hand sprayers and mops, brooms and the "rope trick", even if one did fly a truck into some of the places we go to and assemble it I doubt it would start after being cold soaked for a month, oh, did I forget to mention no electricity to keep a block heater warm? In fact we are as a nation slowley grinding to a halt under the dead hand of out of controll idiots who now dominate the civil service! And by the way, its entertainment, Joe in fact runs a tight ship, and yes, they are the right aircraft for the job.