PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So when does it all click?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2014, 09:43
Aerials

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSD. Your post 62. Please accept my apology for seeming to deride yours and others valuable contributions here and elsewhere on the subject of AofA. That was not my intention, very far from it in fact. From a dictionary, Pundit. Noun. A person who knows a lot about a particular subject and is therefore often asked to give an opinion about it. It follows therefore that I respect your opinion and those of others and had said that I agreed with it.

Crash One explains my predicament precisely! I can only go with what I have fitted (ASI), using it as "a guide to be used with reference to all the other variables, visual cues, airframe feel etc".

My manoeuvres are very limited by the class of aircraft and the various important speeds are tabulated in the POH. My max AoB is only 60 degrees and I know from basic training that I need to keep an eye on the ASI and mind on 1.4 Vs when turning steeply. Awareness of these (hopefully), will keep me safely in the envelope. For my sort of flying, it's all I can do!