PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volotea Second Officer
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2014, 08:09
federico100mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Antes56
The real problem is that the demand is less than the offer, so the pay is going to bottom...

There is a no real solution nowadays to the problem,besides closing 95% of the flight school, and managing all the future pilots with 4/5 flight schools so to create a Balance...

What should i do with this 70k euro investment?? Every day i am looking for a possible job, sending thousands of cv....please tell me.

No instructor job, no GA job, no airline job....

This opportunity could not be the best, but at least is it an opportunity.
The solution exists, but the EASA and other authorities unfortunately have not the power to apply it for many reasons. It'is so simple to act as all "OTHER PROFESSIONS" do. Such us doctors, lawyers etc.. You can study Medicine but not be able to work and sign as a Doctor, you can study Law or Jurisprudence but not be allowed to be a Lawyer. Why? because it is obvious and pretty good regulated. Someone (group of persons) have decided that those professions require a certain amount of seniority, the employment situation and projections are limited and because those are professions where a certain amount of KNOWLEDGE is required (roughly 8/10 year of superior studies if you are in the standard). Be ATPL Frozen Pilot is much simpler (for me was), expensive (was too), couple of years or less end you are qualified, dumped in the pilot arena, without any direction to follow, legislation job regulation and path to grow up your professional evolution. This CATASTROPHIC situation has been created just for a lack of legislation (and of course money interests).
Lately, I use to read BALPA articles, I think they are in the good direction, I hope they will have the channels to influence the EASA and other authorities.

Anyway in this case me too I applied for the VOLOTEA second officers. Even if they apply very low pays and bad conditions it still difficult to participate to an assessment!

So do not give up colleagues, I am just sharing with you that for me , and as many other, it is not easy at all!

ciao