PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WELL DONE FRANCE!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2014, 07:28
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I think the Ukraine connection is that the alleged withholding of delivery of the Vladivostok is France's own response (ie contribution to sanctions) to the perceived Russian actions in and around eastern Ukraine. Are they serious or is it just cosmetic sham ?

The Vladivostok has done two shakedown/training cruises, one for each Russian crew, and seems to be in all respects ready for ceremonial handing over the keys and departure for the Rodina.

Three days ago her next sailing was shown as 20/21 Nov. That changed to Friday 17th Oct at 0345 – less than 24 hrs from now. Since my last post, all sailing dates seem to have been removed from public view. That could mean anything.

Ronnie did reply briefly, along the lines of "shame about all them deaths ... but ...." Must have thought better of it or has been recalled for re-education, because that post was quickly removed.

The Russian press is all saying its ops/contract normal. There are two French factions, for and against delivery. Demos take place on the quay side, at the front and back ends respectively.

My guess ? They'll skip the PU and very soon we'll all be singing red sails in the sunset instead. . LFH