PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2014, 03:36
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlas,

You need to think long and hard about why you want to move to AJX. If it's to fly a 'widebody' then just forget it and continue to enjoy working from your home country. Once the cockpit door is closed they are all the same width and within a very short time the 'thrill' of flying something bigger wears off (who cares if you flare at 10' or 30'). Far, far more important is lifestyle and if I could afford to I'd be flying bug smashers around the patch rather than spending so much of my time away from home. Remember, when you're in Japan then days off in the schedule are spent in Japan and standby days are spent in Japan. If you finish a trip early and have the rest of the day off, guess where it's spent? I would much rather be able to use the time that we get off, in addition to our regular days off, mowing the lawn or cleaning the car but I can't because I'm removed by a mile or two.

The commuting jobs are normally only made attractive by paying more and if you're not going to take home significantly more money than your current job then don't bother; fly from home and take my word for it that a 767 is not a big deal.