PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you risk money going "Professional" CPL/ME/IR/JOC with a Restricted Medical....
Old 15th Oct 2014, 23:42
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@OhNoCb

There has been no mention of any future reassessment (although I have not asked the question directly). The medical is simply marked with OML and ILA.

I suspect because it is a none progressive visual field defect it will stay on for life unless I am told otherwise and may decide to write to the CAA.

There is no concrete guidance on pursuing CPL/IR/ME and the nitty gritty details of such in CAP804.

For example.. if you hold a Class 1 with OML. Can you still start the CPL/IR AND take the skills test with a Class 1 OML AND hold the license?

CPL is single pilot operations which is not applicable in my case.. but in order to take the Skills Test if I pass it will be marked as P.1 or PIC in my logbook and if I fail as P.u/t.. so where does this leave me?

You can train, get the license but NOT exercise the privilige of single pilot ops? No definitive response.

The point which Maxed Out makes is also what I am trying to find the answer too!

For FI work.. it would be on a Class 2 Medical and on my PPL license not my CPL which is "Not Applicable" so I could rack up the hours but not be paid as that falls under Class 1 Single Op and CPL privileges...?

Aaccording to my FTO anyway...

Trying to make a cunning plan but looking for any guidance in the standards of cap documents and I can't find any on how this is treated and what is allowable etc.

Hope that made sense!

Last edited by Scoobster; 15th Oct 2014 at 23:55.