PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From LAA to CofA
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 15:12
Steevo25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against any permit aircraft. I would not have owned one if I did. But permit aircraft tend to be light and low weight. When I flew the Cessna it was a heavier aircraft that had a very stable and strong feel to it. I guess I also have a soft spot for the Cessna as it got me through my PPL and further training after that. Then I moved to a permit aircraft due to affordability. I also cross converted to the Piper Warrior and although it was a very nice aircraft, I never got the same feeling with it and found the single access door inconvenient. High wing I seem to prefer.

I mainly fly with my family for pure fun and sightseeing so I don't really have any interest in aeros or IMC come to that, although IMC would be a nice option as it is something I have always thought about just for the extra training.

There are bigger and heavier permit aircrafts but they tend to have quite a price tag attached to them. Plus in 4 seats, there are very few options for permit aircraft.