PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 14:14
Gretchenfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't ridicule this bubbers. I think it's great.

Small manufacturers or those not depending on solely profit orientated, cynical airline managers, can change design to reach the modern optimum. A optimum defined by experience and listening to research. For such manufacturers the slogan "we strive for utmost safety" is not only a hollow commercial.

I welcome a moving side-stick, just as i welcomed a moving auto-throttle.
Both systems allow the pilots to instantly be part of the modern fly-by-wire system, to act in a symbiotic partnership and, if needed, to act as last authority (at least if minimally trained, but that's another story).

The two biggies in the airline market are cornered in their geriatric philosophy due to silly commercial statements of their CEO's, or due to looming lawsuits if they would change only the slightest small design flaw (thanks to the cynical lawyer brigade).

One of them could easily revert to the originally intended design and relieve us from the stumbling block between our legs for 16 hours, the other could finally admit that there are still humans at controls and such creatures work better with all their senses than if deprived by some.

Again, i welcome the design by Gulfstream, their cockpit reflects what should be in any Airbus or Boeing.