PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horsham Court Case - the outcome ?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2003, 07:49
Bill Pike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff,
We will allow others to judge who has zero credibility. You have been part of the "accuser, judge, jury and executioner" system for so long you appear to have begun to believe that because the law allows it to be so it must be all right. It isn't all right, it is repugnant.
It isn't whether or not a private pilot flying with an expired medical has broken the law, clearly he has, it is about whether or not he deserves to be shot. The point is that if it is so important, (and it isn't ) why doesn't CASA make the system more workable? I receive bull**** communications from CASA constantly, a reminder that one's medical is due shouldn't be too hard, (especially if it will prevent me from crashing into the Melbourne CBD, which it won't!.)
I'm not clear on what your references to lifejackets is about. Of course in the CASA way the Reg to which you refer has been "amended" by a CAO, and certainly for charter ops a lifejacket is required "over water" period. (Even floodwater for chrissakes. Only in Australia of course. Should be popular in Cobar.) Only Australia would require private pilots to wear lifejackets below 2,000' over water. Wearing a lifejacket inside a submerging aircraft is a known health hazard, and in any case aviation lifejackets aren't designed to be pulled around.