PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2014, 06:35
James331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With racist comments like that, you might not aswel have tried to get a job here.

"The folks that fly for them are about ready to LEAVE by the time they have 800hrs,"

....yeah, and this is why they prefer to hire people who would be willing to stick around and help the company grow. Anyway, didn't you have around 3,000 hours when you applied at the companies here?

I guess the problem is they didn't see all your potential because they are run by Africans.

"..not many folks with that time are going to be going to Bots or Nam..."

Except for, you know....you. But regardless of that, meh. Nothing wrong with that, the people who are here really want to be here. Namibia is not at a loss if all the Americana and European Pilot wannabes go to Tanzania instead.
First it's not racist, Africa is isn't a race and my comment wasn't directed towards blacks, whites, etc. Just directed towards the lack of having their collective together.

And yeah, most of the guys leave for greener pastures when they get close to the magic 1k number.

The companies don't pay worth beans (by Nam standards), have crazy training bonds, and it ain't like they send you to flight safety. Why would you invest in a company who doesn't invest in you?

As for me, I didn't give it much time, I found that most companies didn't want someone who wanted to grow with the companies, or who had experience, or just liked the country (and it is very beautiful) they want people who will stay because they can't get a job in their home country.

I'm not sure what a pilot wanabe is, but someone who would stick around for pay, pay out huge training bonds for sub par training on small GA aircraft, well that's not the kind of pilot I would wannabe.

From my understanding TZ treats their pilot as professionals, pay is more realistic for the level of responsibility required for the position, I'd say the only mistake I made was not heading directly over with my hours. Of course then I wouldn't have ended up in my current job.

There's a lot to like about the place, but don't fool yourself, Namibia still has much growing up to do.