PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream to announce new jet Oct 14 2014
Old 15th Oct 2014, 00:17
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone has accurate number of how many 650 were delivered
108 on order, 81 delivered, and yes we are on the list. Not sure if I am actually looking forward to it. The 605 has plenty of range, may have to find myself more and more ground duties......

Now they have the G600 coming out 8 years later with clean sheet engines and it just doesn't seem very impressive
We came to a similar conclusion and decided on a 650 instead of waiting for the first 50 600's to roll of the line to get the bugs sorted out. We don't really need the 650's range, but once we ran the numbers it made sense over the 600. We didn't have exact details when we made our assessment, but Gulfstream had dropped enough hints to make the choice for us. The cabin difference over the 550 and the narrower 600 was the decider for us, all else remaining equal.

I can tell you that the last thing on the mind of owners is fuel economy
Spot on.

Look to be the same in cabin dimensions
It isn't so I am not quite sure where it is going to fit in. Time will tell I guess.

the first time in more than 50 years a heritage Gulfstream business aircraft has moved into final design with a non-Rolls engine.
If it ain't broke don't fix it, for us on this side of the pond that will weigh in our decision making process, it did in ours.

Last edited by cldrvr; 15th Oct 2014 at 00:38.