PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Phoenix Think Tank
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 16:28
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Phoenix Think Tank

I was looking up some general mil aviation info today ... and happened upon this 'organisation'.

Home - The Phoenix ThinkTank - Naval & Maritime Think Tank

Their 'Mission Statement'

Originally Posted by The Phoenix Think Tank
The Phoenix Think Tank is an open platform for authors to publish ideas, papers and reports on modern – or historical – maritime and naval affairs. Our purpose is to provide a platform and supporting framework for independent authors addressing these areas of key importance. We actively encourage academic contributions on, and seek to maintain rigorous standards of critical debate and thinking on – Britain’s maritime context.
I then noted from their Site Tag Map (below) a considerable 'focus' on Airpower, FAA, Carriers and RAF ...

I started reading this paper (Dated April 2014). It soon became evident that this was another attempted sledgehammer job directed at the RAF.

Air Power - The Metonymy of the RAF - The Phoenix ThinkTank - Naval & Maritime Think Tank

There are other Members far better qualified to comment on the facts and technicals discussed ... but it does seem to be politicking in the extreme ...

What do other Members think ?

PTT About Us Tab

Last edited by CoffmanStarter; 14th Oct 2014 at 20:35.