PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 16:03
LadyL2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ocean,

I respectfully disagree. Considering they have taken away IFE, meals and drinks, blankets in the last 3-4 years, yet charged more for flights, I would say they are about making as much money as possible.

Is an airline are going to want (figures for arguments sake) 200 passengers paying £400pp for flights for a total of £80000 or 100 passengers paying £600pp for flights for a total of 60000? If you have these new fangled panes that are going to have less passenger capacity, but a high customer demand, you're going to need more planes. For costs sake it is more cost effective to have the minimal amount of aircraft carrying as many passengers as possible.

Considering Thomson offer no loyalty scheme as the likes of BA and VS do, it means Thomson passengers are going to be paying full whack for any privileges and is the average holiday maker going to want or be able to pay that when they can spend the money on a better hotel or stuff to do on holiday rather than a few hours on a flight?

From personal experience. We are flying to Mexico next year on the 787. They want £650 to upgrade to Premium. Unless you've got bags of money that is completely ridiculous logically £650 for 20 hours? What am I getting for that? Extra legroom, a meal choice, a 4 course dinner and an amenity kit. Already have extra luggage and seat selection thrown in as we are A La Carte. No thanks, I'd rather spend that on next years holiday, but that is my personal opinion. Now I would imagine these family booths for eample will be as expensive if not more. You are going to get very few families going to be able to pay for that.