PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Six months on from Sept 11th
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2002, 19:56
tailscrape

Terrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

WWW,. .. .Quite cogent and sensible posts. As indeed are everyone elses.. .. .I don't always agree with what you have said, but I think you are pretty accurate here.. .. .My two penneth's worth:. .. .I have been threatened by redundancy this winter. Luckily because of a strong BALPA Company Council, high BALPA membership and an upturn in business I will be lent by my employer to another UK 757 operator from May onwards along with 9 colleagues..... .. .I will be a fully paid up member of my company wearing another uniform and flying someone else's aircraft.. .. .What does this mean?. .. .I think it means airlines know things are improving, but are still being very cautious.. .. .I hope to see a little recruitment later this year, but it will remain very tough for low hours guys in the future.. .. .With the right type rating and experience, there are still jobs about. But without, I am not too sure..... .. .I would never suggest to people not to train, but if you do train now, expect a long wait, or at best a lot of luck!. .. .Be prepared to have to fly at clubs in your spare time at your own expense. Ask yourself if you will have enough money to do this after leaving your training.. .. .To all of you who need a job, good luck. Keep looking. It will happen, it just may take a while.. .. .And do seriously consider the CTC scheme. It got me my seat, and opportunities after that as well. An excellent outfit if you get in.. .. .So, to sum up:. .. .A few jobs knocking around this Winter I think for next year. But not lots....