PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WELL DONE FRANCE!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 12:27
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Ronald. You don't get any better do you? Perhaps I can help you.

Russia cannot be expected to tolerate Ukraine in NATO or the EU.
That would be a decision for Ukraine and for NATO. It's exactly your sort of "Russia won't allow it" politics that completely undermines any criticism you make of any other country.

As a citizen of a NATO and EU country I see no gain for us by having Ukraine in either NATO or the EU.
Without raking up the whole "RR's citizenship" issue again, you may not be able to see it, but the Ukraine and plenty of other nations well may. I'm amazed their governments have failed to share their thinking with you.

They have essentially created a new country, liberated people from a tyranny they no longer wished to be part of.
"They", presumably being Russia, are allowed to do that are they? Not what you were saying about anyone else.

The sanctions should have never been applied in the first place, the whole thing is a joke really.
None of this could ever be described as a "joke". Apart from that, bigger minds than yours, with or without US alegence (just in case you thought it all a US conspiracy) thought it was necessary to protect the sovereignty of a country under threat. But you won't see it that way.

Russia has as much right to be in Ukraine as the US has to be in or bomb Syria! (or Iraq for that matter in 2003)
So are you now saying the US does have the right to be in or bomb Iraq and Syria? Or are you saying Russia does not have the right to be in Ukraine? You appear to have confused yourself.

Continued EU expansion has done Britain no favours, its been a disaster.
Well, that's a matter of opinion. Some, including countries that worked hard to join the Union, clearly think otherwise. So do many traders and businesses in the UK. But you probably regard them as filthy capitalists. If it's really that bad for the UK, not Btitain necessarily, the people of the UK may well get to option to express their preference to leave.

Hope that helps.