PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Volotea Second Officer
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 12:21
Tomdw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down VOLOTEA INFO

I also applied to these (I would say) swindlers late 2013 before I received their working conditions. This is what I got after and immediately declined the interview, just that I finished flight training for two years doesn't mean we should take jobs like this. Other times are coming, for sure. Just a quick summary of this programme; 16 euros per FLYINGhour until 500hrs (1000hrs I have heard they are introducing now), 26,5k for a type-rating for a Second Officer position on an airplane which is operated by a miniscule number of airlines in the world. 460euros non-refundable for just a selection. No guaranteed income during winter. just 400 hours per annum. I would say it is not hard to make decision, of course you have to make up your own mind, eventuelly after 10 years you will have a normal income on SPANISH level.

VOLOTEA CAREER
Your career in Volotea is based on meritocracy, where your time here matters, but more so your effort, attitude and contribution to achieve the company objectives, such as punctuality, cost efficiency and client service.

SHORT TERM
From Line Training, you will be hired as Second Officer with a salary of 13.5 Euros per block hour + 30 Euros per day of duty. The company model is to fly up to the maximum flying hours possible in summer –> June to September (close to 100 hours per pilot in August) and a reduced production in winter –> October to May. This means that during winter time the Second Officer will fly 10 to 20 monthly hours in approximately 3 to 7 days per month to keep him/her current (no flights will be programmed for new SOs in November, February and March) and 60 to 100 hours in 4 weeks per month during summer. For Second Officers, the flight time expected is approximately 400 hours at the first year after being released on line.

MEDIUM TERM
A Second Officer will be promoted to a First Officer level 2 position after completing 500 hours on the B717 and 1000 hours total time. The current salary for a new First Officer is 32€ per hour and 50€ per diem, raised to 40€ per hour when 2000 factorized (*) hours are reached.

The Senior First Officer salary is 50€ per hour and 50€ per diem.

LONG TERM
Most Second Officers entering VOLOTEA with 200 hours will become captains in approximate 5 years subject to performance.

UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS
As Second Officer you will be ready for an upgrade to First Officer level 2 upon reaching:
500 hrs. experience on type and
1000 hrs. total time.

As First Officer level 2 you will be ready for an upgrade to First Officer level 1 upon reaching:
2000 hrs. factorized (*) hours.

First Officers level 1 will be ready to upgrade to Senior First Officer when reaching 3000 hrs factorized and the upgrade to SFO evaluations passed; and then join an upgrade to Captain Programme after successfully passing the Command Upgrade Evaluations.
Selection process consists of:
Aviation Knowledge test
English test
Simulator check to be conducted at CAE Madrid

Those successfully completing the process go on to:
Psychometric test and final interview in Barcelona

The cost for the selection process is €460 -- (excluding taxes) and is non-refundable. Other related costs, e.g. travel, accommodation, etc. will be payable by the candidate.

TR Course details
This is a partially-sponsored program where the selected candidate will cover part of the costs related to the type qualification course:

TR Course content:
Operator conversion course: 2 weeks
Entry Level Training ELT B717 VPT: 1 week
Type rating course: 6 weeks
Base training: 6 TO/LDG
Line Training: minimum 125 hours

TR Course cost covered by the candidate: 26500 Euros
ELT B717 VPT in Barcelona
B717 type qualification course: ground school in Barcelona and simulator phase in Stockholm.

Price of the course covered by the candidate includes accommodation in shared double rooms and flight tickets from Barcelona to Stockholm.

Course is delivered entirely by VOLOTEA instructors