PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadet Pilot Program
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2014, 11:57
Shamrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wish a previous cadet (one who did not have parents or 25K in savings) would tell us (even cryptically) how on earth they paid the 25K. Is there a specific person in some bank that deals with the aer lingus cadets getting a loan or what.
It is so annoying that aer lingus was vague about this on the careers site. It is so important in my view, critical I would say.

I don't know anyone my age who could get 25K. Most of my mates have either gone to Australia or are still paying back college loans.

This is important as I will not attend the assessment if I cannot get the money and will be in a position to tell FTE so they can contact someone on the reserve list to fill my spot on the assessment day.

Everything else aside, the self funded bit is crucial to me. I need to know the nitty gritty details before walking into this. I just cant be trowing €255 euro around when I have rent and bills to pay this week.

I really, really do wants this but there is no point going for it if I cannot get a loan if that makes sense.

I am amazed actually that everyone seems to have no problem or concern getting 25K by January if you are picked. Thanks