PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank you
Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2014, 13:57
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st of all, the best word used was "respect". So where is it shown when you defend what C-Scale is, what it stands for and the undeniable pressure it places on current T & C's for the rest of the pilot body? AND, like LCC's, the plague of the "Race to the Bottom" has a follow on affect throughout the industry. I've personally sat with a former CP & other legacy airline pilots who have said (to paraphrase) "If CX can get away with it who's to say [they] won't try to implement it here??"

By and large I do stay away from this forum, however what I see is in these recent debates by and large is disgraceful. It's obvious that C-Scalers are becoming more prevalent here & in numbers. Hence the staunch defence of what they agreed to. What is so pathetic is now they wish to get on some podium to defend better conditions when they willingly became part of the greatest threat to CX's T & C's ever!??

Ipuk you wrote:
....but maybe some initial sacrifices are necessary to "follow the dream" of becoming a pilot
And to what extent should we say these sacrifices are necessary? Crap on your colleagues conditions of employment and place an undeniable threat to their livlihoods? From your past posts you defend and advocate this: your words, not mine. This is why I am so passionate against C-Scale. They defend the undefendable and then have the audacity / hypocrisy to offer opinions as to how and why they should get a better deal, "market forces", "lean workforce", etc, etc all the while it is THEY who were the greatest contributor to the cause of the present situation!? How can these opinions and actions be "respected"?

McNugget, "YOUR" colleagues by and large see YOU as a plague on the airline. You are tolerated as you must. Can you sit there and tell me that any pilot wanted to see you come and accept C-Scale and hence place these pressures on their CoS????? Can you be that ignorant? If "YOUR" colleagues had their way they wouldn't want to see "YOU" exist in CX in the first place, let alone "US" in the wider international airline industry.

You honestly think for 1 second a guy who is willing to do it for far less, with less experience or credentials than past applicants is wanted anywhere? I know your answer though: you think "WE" do. And that's the problem.

Where do you think I get all the information from? Close friends of mine at CX on B-Scale who send me the AOA updates, who chat to me about how they fear for their financial security & future at CX as a result, who tell me tales of the whining SO in the cockpit crying crocodile tears about how tough it is to live on a C-Scale salary, to save, how they're going "run to EK" as soon as they can..... "YOUR" colleagues are the ones talking this way over drinks & catch-ups in outstations & via email conversations.

What you people refuse to appreciate is that these things manifest and spread. You think these things don't affect other sectors of the industry, other airlines....???

Hugo: "Plonker" is about the level of grey matter your post and previous posts have all been about. Mostly aggressive and abusive language in short paraphrased diatribes. So there's no ill feeling when I see you were incapable of piecing together a constructive reply.

It wasn't me who crapped on "my" colleagues in the industry in general by accepting a remuneration package FAR below the airline norm (and which was implemented in a year of record profits).

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 13th Oct 2014 at 14:38.