PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown Airport – Desperately Sad
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2014, 06:26
Perspective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The white paper produced by the government appeared very supportive of general aviation as a whole if I remember correctly, Will that turn into something tangible.
I am aware of a couple of times in the last few years of councils being supportive of the creation of a maintenance base by way of interest free loan etc.

Councils are pretty savvy these days, so although entirely possible,
I think you would have to attach to any proposal, a pretty robust, honest
Return of investment estimate, services gained and how attractive it might be
To an existing community.
In remote locations it would be easy to justify, but obviously that's not where most keep their aircraft.
As most of us live coastal, maybe the selling point for government and council would be the ability to, more easily service fire bombing aircraft for example.

The state government are only too happy to spend millions on leasing fire fighting and support aircraft and infrastructure, how about spending a few percent of that on government land to build some runways and a few hangars, some private body's, flying groups etc, can be the "body corporate" in effect, and viola', now you have a facility that the government wants, community want, and not held to ransom by private corporations. Just a thought.