PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2014, 01:27
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Olivia is getting ready to take over Alan's job
Let's hope not, it is my view, Livi hasn't kicked too many goals in her role since Qantas marketing director Lewis Pullen departed.

Qantas marketing boss Lewis Pullen exits as Olivia Wirth steps up - mUmBRELLA

Since then, the Qantas group image only comes across "confused" or a group of "well paid managers in crisis" lurching from one policy to the next.. the line in the sand thing springs to mind, (remember that scroll thingy?) then going to Canberra with cap in hand asking for a bail out, which was very poorly handled in my view, too many mixed messages which just opened a big door for ridicule. I doubt there are any current Qantas group top managers capable of turning around "brand Qantas" and gaining the trust of the staff at the same time. Too much dirty water has passed under the bridge, it's a trust thing.

New vision from outside of the group is what is really required, I think the current lot are stuck in a rut, and only appear to be good at digging deeper holes for themselves.. OW has been a very big part of this process.

As an aside, but related
Shares in Qantas slid 2 per cent to $1.32 in early trading on Monday as the possibility of foreign investors having to divest part of their shareholdings increased. The overall sharemarket also fell almost 1 per cent at the open on Monday.
Qantas stock has given up almost all of the gains made in the weeks after management declared the airline was over the worst and forecast a return to pre-tax profitability in the first half of this financial year.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 13th Oct 2014 at 01:38.