PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government funded flight training: the loan to nowhere
Old 12th Oct 2014, 23:15
Homesick-Angel

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Evilducky

Unfortunately the only one who thinks the way you trained or payed for it is important, is you..

Saying that, if its a first job, the employer may be wary until he's seen or not seen a few things from a candidate. Like can you actually think and fly at the same time?

The one big difference I feel is that unless you've had to fork out a grand at a time for a nav, or pull the card out at the end of the flight, you dont ever really feel the value.

By the time you have the experience to apply for certain jobs, they'll wanna know if you can fly, do you know your stuff, do you meet the requirements, and are you a W@nker?

My experience with guys from fee help schools is that there's a simple cross section of ability just like any other cross section. the thing is that due to having paid for it, there is a percentage of special cases that get through that wouldn't anywhere else unless mummy and daddy have a lot of money.

From what I know of fee help schools out of the initial numbers in a class that start, very few finish...