PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London City - Flybe operation
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 21:54
j636

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overall I think DUB-LCY will be interesting and the prices being offered could really effect FR and EI. Was out in DUB around 6 weeks ago and overheard a group who would usually fly FR say they all got 50 euro return with Cityjet to LCY and you would always pay over that with FR, 40 would be the lowest and thats to STN. The free snaks with WX to.

If either carrier market it well then they can attract a lot of business away from FR as the costs from STN-London etc add up and them dropping fares won't help them capture such custom back if its lost.

J636,

Yes BE selling cheap flights ex BHD, good luck if you can get it as a one way, without booking a return, they tend to load the return flight with a higher price.

They have a complicated pricing system. I've often heard people saying I only had to pay £15 for my flight out to X from BHD, but no mention of the return flight. I may drive a strong price perception.

Flybe getting close to BA of late, that might explain BE entering onto LCY routes, and putting the airport as a significant base for future expansion, including flying on some of BA's own routes. Alas BA responded.

If paying a fee to participate in Avios scheme is cheaper and easier to manage than their own scheme, well them it makes perfect sense, if Avios can profit from bringing BE into the portfolio, then on a commercial basis it is right. I wouldn't see that as an indication that BE and BA are getting closer. BA also have only got very small stake now in BE....
Fair point but the last time they had such structures from BHD was to LGW before it closed.