PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 12th Oct 2014, 19:51
WIDN62

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks to Coff for posting my photos. Nothing else to add about the Falklands air-to-air photos and I am not sure of the occasion for the UK one – maybe one of the Green Barrows events. One more snippet about the Turdis – it was constructed over the old airport cesspit vent hole, and as far as I know we did not fill it up!
Flying the relatives of those killed during the war was the most emotional I have been whilst flying Albert. We had on board the father of one of the Harrier pilots killed down there. He was the only RAF relative who had made the journey down so we looked after him on the flight deck. At one stage I put him in the right hand seat and during our conversation, I told him we knew where to fly for the Navy war graves but nobody could really tell us where his son had been lost. He said that the only thing that mattered was that somebody had made the effort to get him down there. When we landed every passenger thanked us for the flight – not often that happens!