PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GIBRALTAR
Thread: GIBRALTAR
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 17:54
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Paully have to totally disagree with you - what a load of tosh. The departure lounge is not overloaded with two departures plenty of seating - more than at Luton - plenty of space on the veranda overlooking the ramp. As for the so-called problems at the border - never had any trouble in nearly eight years living in Southern Spain and transiting many times (maybe I have just been lucky). I have some sympathy with the Guardia Civil etc as they are only doing there job - instructions from Madrid plus they are very polite not like some police forces I know! The main problem is tobacco (unbelievably cheap in Gib) and drugs coming via North Africa being smuggled into Spain and onwards to other parts of Europe especially the UK.
Do hope an LBA-Gib route starts but I would have thought a Scottish service would be more appealing considering the amount of Scots living down here and the same could be said for a Dublin service - Aer Lingus have a daily A330 flight from Dublin into Malaga.
My only gripe at Gib is Gibair (Blands) couldnīt run a bath never mind looking after five or six commercial flights a day!