PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to get F16s!
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 17:00
lmgaylard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all.
As the author of the Airforces Monthly article on 736 Naval Air Squadron I would like to clear up a couple of points;
At NO time during my interview with the CO did he, or I, mention the RAF Red Arrows! Why would we when the article focus is the role carried out by the naval 'Aggressor' squadron. I still have the recorded interview on my dictaphone and the original article which I submitted to the editor. Both prove that the 'Reds' were never spoken of.
The mention of future replcement of FAA and RAF 100sqn Hawk T1 / T1A for their respective roles being older 'Block' F-16 was a wishful thinking idea. As most of you will know, the possible replcement aircraft is on-going and no formal announcment has been made, and is not expected for some time.
I have been inundated with messages and phone calls today regarding the very poor on-line article and I'm very annoyed that again the 'Daily Fail' and others can write such drivel!
Again I will state that at NO time did Lt Cdr Flatman mention the RAF Red Arrows.
Thank you all.