PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue removes mom after 3 tweets about flight delays
Old 12th Oct 2014, 16:28
jackieofalltrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, you got that right. Puerile nitpicking, too. So you know the real meaning of "Take-off" and the journalist doesn't. Well done, good for you; I bet you don't know any of the jargon that journalists use about print production. Just substitute "departure", which even to aviation professionals has a variety of definitions, and get on with it. You knew exactly what the writer meant, didn't you? You showed us that, which rather defeated your protest.

When you've done that, why not come back and explain exactly why it's

Yes, I bow to your know-it-all attitude. Even though you don't know me you feel the need to make assumptions that you can't possibly know. For the record, I worked several years as a copy-editor, so I do have a comprehension on print production.

But why bother getting facts correct and using correct terminology? By your reckoning it's fine to substitute any word the author cares because the reader will "know what he meant." I stand by my opinion. You're welcome to your opinion, I just shan't agree with it.