PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin: 2 x RYR in contact during taxi. Both damaged.
Old 12th Oct 2014, 14:04
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spacepig, I conclude that you probably have difficulty in accepting inquiry or advocacy from your FOs because you don't listen (or read).

I NEVER EVER suggested that experience isn't important or completely irrelevant. Re-read my posts. I merely commented that experience isn't relevant when it isn't utilised properly and you can't assume that every incident is down to lack of experience. I pointed out that there are guys with thousands of hours who are bad operators. I've witnessed it. I've trained airline pilots, from zero hour cadets up to those ending their aviation chapter. Equally there are guys of low experience that are poor too. Happy now?

You make a lot of assumptions for a Captain. Maybe retirement and train travel isn't a bad idea? Time to leave it to the guys who just swallowed the book of SOPs and follow VNAV like trained monkeys.

fireflybob the AAIB reported that the FO had over 5 years experience on the 757. Overall, on paper, an experienced crew.