PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTRS Pension abatement
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 07:57
Spot 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not heard about a sucessfull challenge, and I doubt it to be true.

What I do know is that the online pension calculater does not account for dynism (Sp?) in your pay and that reality could be up to 8% more than the calculator would have you believe in both final settlement fiqure and subsequent pension payments. The reason why this is important to you is that the more pension you are entitled to, the less salary potential is available given the final salary capping. Throw in 40% tax ( & PMs recent 'promise' to increase the 40% threshold was stated as 'action before the end of the next term,' ie 5 years away) and you may find that FTRS is not worth getting out of bed for. NI will also be deducted from FTRS pay despite it not being a legal requirement if you have paid your NI for 30 years. I asked JPAC for a pension forecast based upon my actual retirement date and was very pleased with the response.

Each to their own, but for me FTRS involving an early (briefing) start, long days, and a boss who keeps one eye on the clock did not represent a sound proposal for the salary being offered.

Defence Business Services
Pensions Division
Mail Point 480
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow G2 8EX

Pay and Pensions Enquiry Service Contact Number:

Tel: 0141 224 3600

Freephone: 0800 085 3600

Normal Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 0700 - 1900

E-mail:[email protected]