PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good cop bad cop
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 04:27
jacobus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yes well Numby Crunchy.. Here's one yes voter who didn't vote reluctantly. Had there been a F&ck YES button I'd have used it. Then again I haven't had a pay rise in 20 years. And have had nothing but decreases and attacks on my C of S ever since I joined. And what have the AOA done for my ( and my peers for that matter ) situation in all those years.? The square root of f'all actually. One could argue that that they may have prevented some greater excesses by the company, however we'll never know, will we.
I am far from convinced that our employers' have changed their spots. They've been forced to adapt ( more than grudgingly it must be said) to first world labour laws. ( You are a recipient of more than generous treatment as a result hence it must be easier to come on here and post in a vicarious way, you have f'all to lose after all.) And this is not intended to be an ad hominem attack, just that the truth needs to be said occasionally.
Our Edwardian employers will shut this place down in a flash, offer us new contracts and then where are the guys placed with mortgages, education, etc etc. If you have any doubt about that have a look at SWIRE shipping. Once the pride of the merchant marine.
The best we can hope for is that they impose the pay rise, which as you say they have tended to do in the past. Then they will spin it to portray us as greedy, venal ungrateful bastards, seeding further division amongst ourselves and the public, cabin crew, the guy with the honey cart etc. Greedy pilots given decent union sanctioned pay rise and still engaging in contract compliance etc etc. Although better phrased than that no doubt. Then see how successful our RP negotiations are.
All the best.

Last edited by jacobus; 12th Oct 2014 at 06:32. Reason: Privacy