PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good cop bad cop
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 01:47
CX-HOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goathead, you may call me predictable and boring, I would prefer rational.
As a reasonably senior employee I feel it a duty to point out to other more excitable guys what I have learned from dealing with Swires for a decade and half. You then can go off and look for a bar room fight which will benefit no one, just remember your actions may well affect a lot of other people as well and not just financially.

What have they got to lose in this pay case? If a Swire prince/princess backs down to employees then that will probably end their swire career, in 2001 they had wet-lease crews flying during MSS if I remember at no small cost. So they will be willing to squander a lot of money to come out on top.

By announcing how close the results were we have shown that if they want to settle this in the future only a small increase should get it across the line. If we continue to tell them the results of votes we are playing poker with someone who can see your cards.

What has the Union to lose? Well if CC doesn't work then what bargaining chip do we ever have again in the future? You will lose more Pilots from the Union as a result and may well end up with no pay-rise, a depleted Union and the need for fresh elections. How many members currently NOT doing their own CC do you think are now going to start doing it? How much additional affect will that have on the Company?

I don't care what the Union decides to do as long as it is based on rational decisions not emotional and irresponsible actions that Goathead and others are advocating. That is my two cents worth.