PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YELLOW - NOT BLUE - SCREEN
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2014, 00:39
aspac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YELLOW - NOT BLUE - SCREEN

Good morning,
No plea for help this time as I managed to solve the problem seconds before emitting a low-tech request to you guys. Nonetheless, I thought I'd describe the problem for the hell of it.

I use a six year-old Toshiba Satellite Pro which never leaves my desk (I have a tablet for travel) but the screen stopped working a couple of years ago. My IT guru advised using an external monitor rather than buying a new computer. I bought an LG Flatron monitor which worked fine . . . until today.

I averted my eyes from my computer for a few minutes to take a phone call. When I turned back to the computer my screen was YELLOW . . . perfectly legible but with a yellow overlay, as if wearing yellow sunglasses.

In a panic I went to retrieve a spare old monitor from my wife's former computer. It works fine - but I discovered the connections were the wrong sort. I thought I'd have to buy some sort of adaptor plug.

Or I could yell for help on this forum.

Then I spotted the problem. The connection to my computer (from the monitor) had almost fallen out. I pushed it back in - problem solved. Yellow disappeared - screen back to normal.

A pity in a way. I was getting to like the yellow-sunglass effect.