PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin: 2 x RYR in contact during taxi. Both damaged.
Old 11th Oct 2014, 23:20
space pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Statement: "The old generalisation that when something goes wrong in an airline such as or similar to FR then it's the fault of experience levels, or the lack of it at the pointy end. Set it squarely on the sop monkeys, the children of the magenta or the button pushers"

Callsign Kilo, you keep on defending your background and career path like you are following the vnav path assuming you will be safe but several incidents have shown that experience has been a factor.

Nowadays there have been crews observed flying together with a total experience of around 3000 hrs, and around 3 years experience in total (with 200 folks in the back mind you) and you keep on repeating the mantra that that is as safe or even safer;-) than the old guys who have done 30 years plus?
Rigid SOP's will help a lot to avoid mishaps, but surely any airline would prefer to have it's crews have the most experience possible.However if you cannot retain the high hour guys and girls you end up having no choice to use whatever you have available.

I am waiting for your new statement however that experience is completely irrelevant and would personally suggest that you immidiately ask the authorities to implement a new aviation law that 6 stripes in the cockpit is enough, either a captain with a cadet(the exception) or 3 cadet's in the cockpit with No 3 cadet on the jumpseat.(the norm)

This is the quickest way to get rid of the old skippers, which are "a waste of money" and I can finally take my retirement.

But I will also take the train next time I travel .

*all in my humble opinion ofcourse*

Last edited by space pig; 12th Oct 2014 at 11:24.