PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government funded flight training: the loan to nowhere
Old 11th Oct 2014, 22:59
Five dollar shake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk7700 it's not that they are dropping out, in fact quite a few are finishing. The problem is there are no jobs to go to! Graduating students are doing the same thing pilots have done previously with a packed car trip around Oz but they're coming home empty handed, even after months at a bar job. At least if you finish a medical or law degree you have somewhere to go.

Inspired - I feel for you in this day and age but have a think about it. Rex have their cadet ship. Jetstar have their cadetship. Virgin Regional have their cadetship. Qlink have/had their cadetship. With FO positions being fed from the bottom, folks in GA are stuck in GA. Previously you could jag a job flying a 206 for twelve months and wait for the twin driver above you to move into a regional airline so you could progress, but this isn't happening anymore.

Pineappledaz well said. It annoys me to see some of the bottom barrel students being limped towards the finish, and there is certainly a disconnect between their flight training and finance. I remember paying for my own and the pain I felt each time the credit card went through the machine, I made sure every flight hour counted.

This Ponzi scheme can't continue much longer

Ps sorry for my delayed replies, it appears I need everything approved by a moderator with my new registration