PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas cook b757 incident, what a total mess
Old 11th Oct 2014, 21:33
Ranger1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a very unfortunate incident. The individual concerned made a mistake and we can all learn from it. However, spare a thought for his feelings, imagine how you would feel given some of the comments on this thread. He undoubtedly feels bad enough already! Hopefully he has not read some of the uncharitable remarks posted here.

Many years ago an old boss of mine put the following statement in a news letter following a lot of derogatory comments made about another fellow professional who made a mistake "for those of you who think this could not happen to you, it probably will". Incidents and accidents happen to even the best pilots. Learn from their mistakes but don't judge too harshly as one day it could be you!

Many an unblemished career has been left in tatters by one lapse of judgement or mistake, sometimes with terrible consequences. It would be a mistake to think it only happens to bad pilots.That kind of thinking will make you a statistic!

I hope this pilot finds some comfort and support from his more enlightened colleagues. I have found the more enlightened posts on this thread very interesting and informative. Shame about the rest!

Last edited by Ranger1; 11th Oct 2014 at 21:50.