PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stelios and the Germans
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2014, 20:18
BaronChotzinoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stelios and the Germans

What's the guy got against them and their culture? I travel monthly between Luton and Schoenefeld, returning on Sunday via the one late evening flight of the weekly schedule, yet it seems that at least 50% of these suffer delays of at least an hour. This is not good news for people needing to get bleary-eyed children to bed or themselves back into London and up early for work next day.

If the delays were minor ones caused by trying to keep within tight turnaround times I could understand it - but this is clearly not the case, it seems rather as though this service has been designated as some sort of "bucket flight" ready to patch up cracks in the system such that wherever you're travelling to and from on the Easyjet network and whatever problems you've met with, you'll still get home sooner than the highbrow German-sympathisers expecting Teutonic efficiency from their chosen airline operator.

Take last Sunday, for example. The flight was delayed for a whopping THREE HOURS on the grounds that the plane was requisitioned to be sent off to Cyprus or somewhere else a bit closer to Stelios' homeland and heart to rescue some unfortunate trippers from being stranded sunning their backsides even longer - due to bad weather, as far as the scanty details given over the tannoy allowed to be understood.

Then, to add insult to injury, you would at least expect that some gesture of goodwill would be forthcoming after hours spent in the 30 degrees heat of SFX such as a complimentary bar service - but no, not a whit of it, it was as though nothing had happened. (I don't know what the particulars of legal obligations are in this respect, but no doubt it only applies to people actually stuck on the plane.)

I've always preferred EZY over Ryanair for the obvious reasons but having said that I've used a similar service with Ryanair to EMA month after month and that was very rarely late - I can't remember it ever being in fact. Unfortunately, there isn't a choice or I would definitely switch and never look back.