PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dublin: 2 x RYR in contact during taxi. Both damaged.
Old 11th Oct 2014, 19:27
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry space pig, we should bow down and kiss your feet because you flew something with a steam driven gauge. And as you have done so then we all must naturally assume that your are an operator of the highest class?

My 'statements' were in response to experience levels and time to command. The old generalisation that when something goes wrong in an airline such as or similar to FR then it's the fault of experience levels, or the lack of it at the pointy end. Set it squarely on the sop monkeys, the children of the magenta or the button pushers.

I'm old enough to know that early commands are nothing new and I've also been about long enough to conclude that an old skipper doesn't guarantee a safe pair of hands. However to save me from tarring a generation with the same brush, I used the word some rather than all in my previous post. And yes, many airlines have experience and inexperience. Nothing new there and probably nothing new when you cut your teeth on an Argosy or whatever it was?

Guys with tens of thousands of hours make cock ups too. Just look at the poor fella who botched a go around in NCL last year and ended up in MAN below final reserve. It could happen to anyone on the wrong day with the wrong mindset. To his misfortune, the occurrence is now reading material in this month's AAIB publication. However you'd probably rather discard this as a 'one off,' wishing that it was a low time upgrade partnered with some wet behind the ears SSTR. Could this really be about people paying for type ratings and your overall distain towards that sort of behaviour? Oh, and what was that about the old boys paving the way for my warm comfortable seat? I'm forever grateful for your endeavours

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 11th Oct 2014 at 19:38.