PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So when does it all click?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2014, 17:34
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a chance in hell I clicked in CPL never mind PPL and I have never seen any PPL click during training. There have been some good uns one of mine is now flying Typhoons. But the instinctive use of the controls to obtain a flight profile nope never happened. And even the ones that were the dogs dangles aka the one that went off to the RAF he didn't have the big pic through his ears of what was going on around him with a mental update of his model with time with the data with no more information.

ie knowing if traffic is going to be infront of you or behind you by its last position and intentions. And which bit of the window to look at to find traffic and when its worth while looking for it. This does presume a back ground in types performance as well. Ie PA38 does 85-90 knts and other types slightly slower or faster.

When it clicks you don't do any calcs you just know its the right time when to look and where to look. The controls might as well be on auto pilot for all the conscience effort it takes to think what to do with them.