PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New company in BKK
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2014, 15:44
chai ja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having worked for two companies here, I can give you a little insight as to why Thailand is the way it is, with small start ups. I'm leaving back to EU shortly.

You may end up working for people who call and threaten your family if you call in sick. You maybe put into a hotel sharing with 3 other people (men!!) on a layover, these start ups *R* the place to be!
If you want to work here, then get ready to be expected to bow and kiss the feet of the management who supposedly siphone money from Chinese investors, use it to purchase cars, however can't pay the salary of pilots or cabin crew. Office staff often get salary as they're showing face daily, the pilots can't do that cos there are so many defects on the aircraft, the DCA don't allow it to push.
With regards to these small start ups and paying salaries, it may be paid on time for a month or two, then do get ready for the Normal excuses that the cheque will clear tomorrow (Friday), then Monday comes with a whole more barrage of excuses. If you hand in notice, forget the salary for the months you wish to serve by your contract.

Thais by nature are pretty good people, however, in these small start ups, don't expect to be working under or with the most exquisite sort of pilots/staff. There are a lot of ex RTAF guys who run the show, as soon as they get into management positions, they bring their tribe in and you as an expat stand no chance.

Any more questions, PM me, got some funny and not so funny stories.

Last edited by chai ja; 11th Oct 2014 at 16:04.